Motter Havva Aubergines
Together with Motter Havva, we prepared recipes with fruits, vegetables and spices farmed in the home garden.
- 6 long thin eggplants (around 1200g in total)
- 3 big tomatoes (up to 600g) peeled and diced
- 1 big onion sliced into semi-circles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green pepper finely diced
- 2 sugar cubes
- 1 handful parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and peel eggplants in stripes to create a "zebra" effect and leave them to soak in salty water for 20 minutes to get rid of the bitter taste.
- Remove from the water, rinse and make sure they are well dried.
- Pierce eggplants several times with a fork and place on a baking tray.
- Then brush eggplants with 2 tablespoons olive oil and bake for 30 minutes.
- While eggplants are in the oven, prepare the stuffing.
- Fry onion with 1 tablespoon olive oil, turn onions until golden in colour and add the green pepper, sugar cubes, tomatoes, garlic and salt.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Before turning off the heat, add finely sliced parsley and stir well.
- Remove eggplants from oven and place into an ovenproof dish.
- With a fork ease apart the white part of each eggplant and stuff with onion/tomato mixture.
- Pour any water remaining from stuffing over the stuffed eggplants and put the dish into a preheated oven and cook for 40 minutes. Delicious!
Back to Newsletter